Mass Effect PC
I just read the word over at Voodoo Extreme that the hugely popular Mass Effect is coming to the PC this May! I personally didn’t purchase the XBox 360 version due to lack of funds, but I might just go for this one!
BioWare and EA are very pleased and proud to announce Mass Effect for the PC. The game will be released for the PC in May 2008.
Published by EA and re-designed for the PC, Mass Effect invites players to take the role of Commander Shepard as they set out on an adventure to save the galaxy from imminent destruction. Wrought with treachery, heroism, difficult decisions and a universe filled with unique and colorful species, Mass Effect delivers a truly compelling storyline.
â€œMass Effect serves as a powerful example of video games as an art form, delivering new levels of emotional intensity, realistic characters and a gripping storyline â€“ all set in a compelling new universe,â€ said Ray Muzyka, General Manager, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts. Frank Gibeau, President of EAâ€™s Games Label added, â€œEA has struck an agreement with Microsoft to handle future publishing for Mass Effect. We are looking forward to releasing Mass Effect on the PC this Spring and brand new titles in the future.â€
Originally released for the Xbox 360, Mass Effect combines a deep story with intense combat and challenges the player to make difficult decisions that can significantly impact the course of events. An innovative conversation system allows for lifelike interaction with some of the most realistic digital actors, voiced by Hollywood actors such as Seth Green, Marina Sirtis, Lance Henriksen and Keith David.
Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:
- Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
- High resolution visuals â€“ Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
- Fully customizable controls â€“ PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
- Run & Gun Control â€“ Players can assign biotic powers or skills to â€˜hot keysâ€™ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
- New decryption mini-game.
- New inventory screen GUI and functionality â€“ The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.