This atmospheric dungeon crawler out in Japan for Nintendo Switch looks stunningly fun and immersive.
Valve’s next VR headset, the Index will be self-labeled. Pre-orders will begin on May 1st, 2019 and units are expected to begin shipping in June, 2019. Valve Index controllers will also be sold at the same time.
A Nvidia GTX 1070 is recommended while the minimum requirement is a GTX 970. Controllers and base stations will be required and likely sold separately or perhaps in some kind of bundle.
The Vive Pro’s 1,400 × 1,600 resolution per eye will likely be met or surpassed with the new headset.
- External tracking
- 2 cameras on headset
- IPD adjustment
- Headphones (included or at least optional)
Nintendo has done the best thing ever and remade The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for Nintendo Switch and not only that but it’s coming this year!
Watching the Nintendo Direct trailer literally gave me the chills and goosebumps. I loved Link’s Awakening for my original Game Boy and the Tal Tal Heights song is one of my favorites of the series.
Check out the trailer from the Nintendo Direct below
We have also been given a pile of screenshots to gawk at until the game is released at an unscheduled date later this year.
GAME FREAK and Niantic are teaming up on a new Pokemon game which integrates with Pokemon Go with beautiful new graphics for Nintendo Switch. Check out the trailer below.
New Pokémon™ Experiences Announced for Nintendo Switch
The entire video presentation can be viewed here, but below is a summary of key announcements:
- Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Eevee!: Taking place in the diverse and vibrant Kanto region, this new pair of games is packed with adventure for Pokémon Trainers of all ages. In the Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! games, you will partner up with either Pikachu or Eevee and embark on an exciting adventure where you’ll catch and battle Pokémon, meet other Trainers and discover the region of Kanto. Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! launch exclusively on Nintendo Switch on Nov. 16, 2018. Watch the trailer.
- Poké Ball™ Plus: This controller was specially designed by Nintendo to enhance the gameplay experience for aspiring Pokémon Trainers by replicating the look and feel of an actual Poké Ball™. Poké Ball Plus allows players to control their journey in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, combining motion controls, a pressable Control Stick and Top Button to create a truly immersive Pokémon adventure. In addition to motion controls, Poké Ball Plus also lights up with a variety of colors, vibrates and plays sounds. Players can even send one Pokémon at a time from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! to Poké Ball Plus and bring it along for a stroll in the real world. Poké Ball Plus is also compatible with the Pokémon™ GO app*, providing the same functionality as Pokémon™ GO Plus. Poké Ball Plus will launch alongside Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on Nov. 16, 2018.
- Connect to Pokémon GO*: By wirelessly connecting Pokémon GO to Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, players can transfer Kanto region Pokémon into the Nintendo Switch games.
- Catch and Battle with a Friend: Play Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! cooperatively anytime, anywhere on one system. Each player can use a single Joy-Con controller or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately) to catch and battle together.
- Pokémon™ Quest: Set off on an adventure in the Pokémon Quest game. Venture out with your Pokémon buddies on expeditions across Tumblecube Island in search of loot in this free-to-start action-adventure game for the Nintendo Switch system. Modify your Pokémon buddies with discovered Power Stones to make your expedition team. With a cube-shaped art style, Pokémon Quest is unlike any Pokémon game you’ve seen before. The simple gameplay makes it easy to hop into expeditions and start exploring Tumblecube Island with the help of your Pokémon buddies. Afterward, head back to your base camp where you can use the loot you found during your adventure to befriend more Pokémon. Attract various Kanto Region Pokémon to your base camp by cooking up dishes made with collected ingredients. You can even decorate your base camp with fun items that provide helpful bonuses that make your expeditions more beneficial.
In addition to all of this exciting content, it was announced that GAME FREAK is simultaneously developing another core RPG entry in the Pokémon series, slated to be released for Nintendo Switch in late 2019.
*Requires installation of the Pokémon GO application on a compatible smartphone. Visit https://pokeballplus.nintendo.com/ for details.
After over 10 years of Japan-only games, the USA is finally getting a new game in the Shining Force series. Take a look at the teaser video. This Friday at Noon Sega will be live streaming the game. Shining Resonance Refrain will be coming to PC, Switch, PS4 and xbox one.
Speaking of #ShiningResonanceRefrain, we’ll be streaming the game THIS FRI. AT NOON! Starting right after the Yakuza stream, join #SEGA‘s own Melissa and Elwood as they dive into the game on
— SEGA (@SEGA) February 21, 2018