Nintendo’s nationwide mall invasion continues in full force. Already thousands of people across the country have seen and experienced the wide variety of Wii™ games available for the holidays. And later this month, Nintendo will give weary mall shoppers a break with massages, a relaxing atmosphere and fun Nintendo DS™ games.
Since Oct. 31, malls nationwide have included a nine-screen Wii presence featuring game demos and interactive game play. The Wii area helps people get the scoop on all the cool Wii games for the holidays and beyond, including Wii Music, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Super Sluggers, Wario Land: Shake It! and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Wii experience will be available through Dec. 29 at the following malls:
• Brea Mall in Brea, Calif.
• Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, Ill.
• Oxford Valley Mall in Langhorne, Pa.
• Stoneridge Shopping Center in Pleasanton, Calif.
• Northshore Mall in Peabody, Mass.
• Mall of Georgia in Buford, Ga.
• The Galleria in Houston
• Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale, Ariz.
• Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, Wash.
• Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn.
• Dadeland Mall in Miami
• FlatIron Crossing in Broomfield, Colo.
• Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh
• Washington Square in Tigard, Ore.
• Concord Mills in Concord, N.C.
• Castleton Square in Indianapolis
• The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, N.C.
• Opry Mills in Nashville, Tenn.
• Independence Center in Independence, Mo.
• Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati
• Mayfair in Wauwatosa, Wis.
• Fashion Place in Murray, Utah
• North Star Mall in San Antonio
• Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque, N.M.
• Barton Creek Square in Austin, Texas
And for people who have run themselves ragged while shopping, it’s Nintendo DS to the rescue. Between Nov. 24 and Dec. 8, shoppers at six locations can look for the Nintendo DS spa area, which will provide an oasis of relaxation amid the chaos of holiday shopping. Visitors will be treated to cushy chairs, brief massages and the chance to de-stress by playing some Nintendo DS games. The menu of available games includes Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day, Mario Kart DS, Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir, Nintendogs, New Super Mario Bros. and Crosswords DS. Participating malls include:
• Bridgewater Commons in Bridgewater, N.J.
• Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park, Calif.
• Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, Texas
• Westfield Valley Fair in San Jose, Calif.
• Natick Collection in Natick, Mass.
• Lenox Square in Atlanta
That’s a lot of games to try out! If only they were at my mall… C’mon Nintendo, bring it to San Diego!